Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (SDQ)
An Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist is a professional who specializes in protecting the health of workers and the general public by ensuring that workplaces are safe.
EHS specialists typically have a wide range of responsibilities, all of which are aimed at keeping their workplace safe and compliant with safety regulations. Some of the most common duties of an EHS Specialist include conducting safety audits, developing safety plans, training employees on proper safety procedures, and investigating accidents or incidents.
- Assist with training, inspections, recordkeeping, and reporting required for managing all EHS aspects.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed by employees and suggest risk mitigation strategies through the Job Safety Analysis process.
- Recommend and implement appropriate risk mitigation measures for management, including ergonomics.
- Manage cross-functional teams/ committees in the development and implementation of a robust proactive EHS program.
- Assist others (managers, employees, etc.) to complete their safety and compliance responsibilities (audits, following safety rules, etc.)
- Coordinates training employees on safety-related issues we as well as CPR and others.
- Develop testing and inspection protocols for the fire equipment by the appropriate standards.
- Knowledge of health and safety systems.
- Ability to prevent and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to promptly respond to all Horatio locations' needs.
Education and Experience:
- Student of Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, or related fields.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialty, applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines related to EHS.
- Computer skills commensurate with job responsibilities (e.g., database, design, spreadsheet development, word processing)
- Insurance under ARS Humano Royal Plan (Option to upgrade to Max Royal Plan)
- Quarterly performance bonuses
- Free snacks every day
- Free catered lunch every day
- Free catered dinner (for those on night shifts)
- Door-to-door transportation after 9:00 PM
- Happy hour on Fridays
- Holiday parties!
- An amazing, unique office environment (no cubes, no assigned workstations!)
- Growth and development opportunities (the most in the industry!)
- Professional development courses by leading business schools like BARNA
- Yoga and workout classes (coming soon!)
- Community service opportunities (#HoratioCares)
- Discounts at local restaurants and stores
Life At Horatio:
Horatio is changing the way people experience life at work. Yes, that’s right - working at Horatio is much different than anywhere you’ve ever worked. Here’s what makes our vibe different:
- Employee First (but actually...): At Horatio, we are a family and that plays into everything we do. We know that our employees are the most important part of the team and we treat them as such! Just ask any member of our team about how different Horatio has been for them and why they love it so much! Or, feel free to check out our Instagram page hirehoratiord to see it for yourself. Whether it’s the free meals, concerts, clubs, yoga classes, or awesome office vibe, there’s something for everyone at Horatio!
- Cool Clients: We work with some of the fastest-growing and innovative companies in the world — and a lot of them are startups. That means no boring scripts and repetition. Instead, you will be challenged to provide clients with ideas, feedback, and new strategies based on what you are seeing each day. You’ll get to interact with clients directly too — it could be the head of the customer experience or even the CEO!
- Growth Opportunities: We’re a fast-growing company and have a lot of opportunities for new employees to grow within. A large number of our senior managers started as associates, proved themselves, and were promoted over and over again. If you are smart, hungry, and driven, the sky's the limit at Horatio!
- Wellness Program: Horatio is committed to spread mental health awareness and promote its importance. To take care of our people we have in-house clinical psychologists.